Emergency Dental Care in Allen Park, MI
If you have experienced a dental trauma, your Allen Park emergency dentist should be the first person you call. No one ever plans to have a dental emergency, but it is important to know what to do in the event that you experience one. If you are experiencing severe tooth pain after an accident or if you have visibly damaged one or several of your teeth, contact Dr. Szalai today so we can get you the help you need. Here at Szalai & Szalai DDS – Allen Park Dental Care, we provide urgent dental care services to patients in Allen Park, Southgate, Detroit, and the surrounding areas of Michigan. Call us today!
What is considered a dental emergency?
Common Dental Emergencies in Allen Park
You may find yourself wonderig whether or not your particular situation as actually considered “urgent” or a dental emergency. The best way to find that out will be to give us a call immediately and find out what your next steps should be. Some of the most common dental emergencies we see at our Allen Park dental practice include:
- Knocked out adult tooth or other tooth loss (dental avulsion)
- Cracked tooth or fractured tooth
- Chipped tooth or broken tooth
- Tooth infection or dental abscess
- Severe tooth pain or toothache
- Broken or damaged dental work
- Swollen or bleeding gums
What to Do During a Dental Emergency
If you have suffered a dental trauma and now find yourself in need of an emergency dentist, it is important to know what steps you can make before you are able to make the trip to your urgent dental care dentist in Allen Park.
- Clean the impacted area with warm water and rinse away any debries
- Collect any and all pieces of the damaged tooth (especially if your tooth was knocked out) and place them into a cup of milk to keep them moist
- In many cases, your emergency dentist may be able to place a knocked-out tooth back into its socket without the need for additional procedures
- If needed, you may take an over the counter medication to help alleviate the pain
- Contact your Allen Park, MI, emergency dentist as soon as possible
Emergency Dental Procedures
We offer a variety of dental procedures for treating emergency dental cases. While some cases may solicit a discussion of tooth replacement options, the vast majority of our urgent dental care patients can be treated with dental crowns or dental bonding.
- Dental crowns protect a chipped, cracked, worn or fragile tooth.
- Dental crowns cover and protect a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t much of the tooth remaining.
- Dental crowns can be used to repair and protect broken teeth.
- Dental crowns secure a dental bridge in place.
- Dental crowns cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth or a dental implant.
- Dental crowns correct or enhance your smile by inserting a properly sized crown.
- Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Unlike dental veneers and tooth crowns, which are specially made tooth coverings that must be produced in a lab, dental bonding usually can be completed in one office visit unless several teeth need to be worked with.
- Dental bonding is a way to help repair chipped or cracked teeth by strengthening a damaged tooth.
- Compared with veneers and crowns, a much smaller amount of tooth enamel is removed for dental bonding.
- Unless dental bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not necessary.
Contact Your Allen Park Emergency Dentist Today!
Don’t wait to get help if you have experienced a dental emergency in Allen Park, Southgate, or the Detroit area. Contact Drs. Greg & Joanne Szalai at Szalai & Szalai DDS, to get the treatment you need and get out of pain fast.