Hi. We’re Drs. Greg & Joanne Szalai. When our Allen Park area general dentistry patients get mouth sores, we advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food, plenty of adult dishes fit the bill, such as:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals. Yum!
We hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for dentists in the Detroit area, consider our practice, Szalai & Szalai DDS. We have been serving Allen Park since 1987. Call us at 313-367-1151 to schedule and examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
Invislign clear braces
sleep apnea and snoring treatment
You can also visit us on the web at https://www.allenparkdentists.com/about-us/.