Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Dearborn and Allen Park relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason Taylor and Southgate residents visit their dentists, so today the Allen Park dental blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings occur. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your Dearborn, Taylor, or Southgate dentist today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Allen Park area, give Szalai & Szalai DDS a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Detroit since 1987. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as gum contouring and smile makeovers.
Drs. Greg & Joanne Szalai
Szalai & Szalai DDS
5329 Allen Rd
Allen Park, Michigan