According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 25% of adults over 65 have no remaining teeth. Many of them choose dentures. But dental implants from Allen Park Dental Care are a state-of-the-art alternative.
Problems With Dentures
- Conventional dentures usually fit properly at first, but the mouth changes as you age. Normal wear and tear takes a toll. Eventually, the dentures will need to be relined or replaced.
- Ill-fitting dentures can aggravate gums and cause inflammation. Inflammation can result in additional health issues.
- Dentures can change a person’s bite, which impacts the jaw joint. This, in turn, can lead to pain in the face, neck, and head.
- Dentures trap food debris. This can result in gum disease.
- Missing teeth eventually result in bone loss. When the jaw no longer has tooth roots, it shrinks and recedes.
With dental implants you can avoid these health issues.
Dental implants are titanium posts inserted into your jaw. The post gradually fuses with the bone to provide a solid base of support, much like a natural tooth root. One implant can support one artificial tooth, and several can support dentures.
Implant-supported dentures from Allen Park Dental Care may be the best investment you ever make. We have placed them in patients from Dearborn, Taylor, and Southgate. People also come to us for our full range of family and cosmetic dentistry services. Request an appointment today!
Contact Szalai & Szalai DDS – Allen Park Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):