Dental crowns are essential restorations in many procedures, and we often use them at Allen Park Dentistry. An increasingly popular option are same-day CEREC crowns.
CEREC stands for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.” The “chairside” refers to the dentist’s chair.
9 Important Things to Know About CEREC Dental Crowns
- CEREC emergency restorations don’t require additional treatment after the first emergency visit
- CEREC crowns are manufactured with durable, high-quality materials
- They look exactly like your existing teeth
- They work like a traditional restoration
- You don’t need to insert a tray with messy goo into your mouth to take the impression
- They don’t require a temporary crown that may come loose
- They can last ten years or longer
- Are completed in one dental visit
- Are created with CAD/CAM software imaging